City of PSL: Southern Grove Community Plan
Southern Grove is one of Florida’s most unique job opportunity areas for large-scale manufacturing, logistics and retail development. It has the largest swath of development-ready vacant land in all South Florida that fronts over four miles of Interstate 95, with interchanges at both Tradition Parkway and Becker Road. Port St. Lucie has a talent-ready labor market with a central location between several major metro areas, including international airports located in Orlando and West Palm Beach. Village Parkway runs from Tradition Parkway at the north down to Becker Road at the south, offering four miles of completed water, wastewater, electric, gas and fiber infrastructure.
Southern Grove includes both the Tradition Center for Commerce and the Tradition Center for Innovation, home to Cleveland Clinic Martin Health. Tradition Center for Commerce is a 1,175 acre part of the 8,200 acre community better known as ‘Tradition’. It is an opportunity for development with the city of Port St. Lucie with over 10 million square feet of office, industrial, warehouse and retail space. Parcel sizes are flexible to allow for opportunity for large-footprint users. Potential development include manufacturing, distribution, warehousing, corporate office, medical office, research & development, retail, multi-family residential, hospitality and educational uses.
Port St. Lucie has continued to grow in recent years, recently surpassing a population of 200,000. This designation makes it the third most populous city in South Florida, as well as the third largest city in Florida, spanning over 120+/- square miles. In 2019, Port St. Lucie received the following notable rankings:
- 10/22/19: Ranked #10 – cheapest city where everyone wants to live right now by 24/7 Wall St.
- 10/11/19: Ranked #2 – safest city in FL with population over 50,000 by Home Security Advisor
- 10/07/19: Ranked in top 15 – Florida cities everyone in the country is moving to by Business Insider
- 09/09/19: Ranked in top 50 – safest cities to raise a child in America by Safewise
- 07/25/19: Featured in 11 – Best Places to Live in FL by Marketwatch
- 06/12/19: Ranked #5 – best place people are moving to by US News
- 01/31/19: Ranked in top 10 – cities where millennial are buying homes by Smart Asset
Contact for more information
Wesley McCurry, CRA Director