NATIONAL JUST BECAUSE DAY
August 27th is National Just Because Day and offers up an opportunity to do stuff…just because. Feel free to celebrate this day any way you choose. Just because!
Every day we all do things that are expected or required of us. Sometimes we even do things because we have to do them, we don’t know why. Well, on this occasion, that does not apply. This day is a chance to do something without rhyme or reason.
- It could be that there is an outfit at the mall that you are admiring; buy it…just because.
- Maybe you want to use a vacation day just to go fishing; do it…just because.
- Perhaps you would like to pay the tab for the table next to you at your favorite restaurant; do it…just because.
- Possibly you want to sing really loud while you’re in your car, by yourself, with your windows rolled down; do it…just because.
- Surprise someone with flowers…just because!
- Make something up…just because!
- Or maybe, just maybe, do something just because Mom said so.
HOW TO OBSERVE #JustBecauseDay
Do something just because. Sometimes, we need to say things, just because. We have 11 Things to Say…Just Because right here. Use #JustBecauseDay to post on social media.
Educators & blogger, taking the Just Because Day theme to heart, visit the National Day Calendar Classroom for ways to use this day in your classroom or blogs, just because.
NATIONAL JUST BECAUSE DAY HISTORY
In the late 1950s, Joseph J. Goodwin of Los Gatos, California created Just Because Day. It began as a family holiday and grew into an annual celebration across the United States.