Playgrounds and City Hall Lobbies Opening as of June 1, 2020
Playgrounds: Starting Monday, June 1, 2020, the City of Port St. Lucie is removing the barriers to the 20 playgrounds located inside City parks. The City understands that recreation is a good way to relieve stress, get some fresh air and vitamin D, stay active, and safely connect with others. While playgrounds can offer health benefits, it is important that everyone follows the steps below to protect our community from COVID-19:
- All playgrounds have limited access to 10 people or fewer
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others (“social distancing”)
- If one playground is crowded, explore a new playground; there are 20 in the City
- Continue to follow good hygiene practices and have kids avoid touching their eyes, nose or mouth
Before opening on June 1, 2020, all City playground structures will be cleaned and disinfected. Once re-opened, all playground structures will be cleaned and disinfected once per week. If staff encounters larger than normal usage during the week, city employees will provide an additional cleaning service and disinfect to the playground for added protection.
The City does not recommend that parents bring household cleaning supplies to clean or disinfect the playgrounds, as we would not want to inadvertently expose others to potentially unapproved chemicals or potential subsequent damage to City equipment.
Manned Facilities: Hours are 8 a.m. to sunset daily
- Jessica Clinton Park, 3200 SE Southbend Blvd.
- Lyngate Park, 1301 SE Lyngate Drive
- McChesney Park, 1585 SW Cashmere Blvd.
- Sandhill Crane Park, 2355 SE Scenic Park Drive
- Sportsman’s Park, 201 NW Prima Vista Drive
- Whispering Pines Park, 800 SW Darwin Blvd.
Un-Manned Facilities: Hours are 8 a.m. to sunset daily
- Charles E. Ray Park, 5626 NW Manville Drive
- Fred Cook Park, 400 SE Glenwood Avenue
- Girl Scout Friendship Park, 315 NW Heather Street
- Jaycee Park, 1301 SW Bayshore Blvd.
- Kiwanis Park, 1320 SE Floresta Drive
- Milner Tot Lot, 5160 NW Milner Drive
- Oak Hammock Park, 2983 SW Villanova Road
- PSL Elks Lodge Friendship Park, 2264 SE West Blackwell Drive
- River Place Park, 690 NW Bayou Country Lane
- Rotary Park, 2101 SE Tiffany Avenue
- Swan Park, 700 SW Carmelite Street
- Turtle Run Park, 1945 SW Cameo Blvd.
- Whitmore Park, 474 SE Whitmore Drive
- Woodland Trails Park, 1485 SW Calmar Avenue
City Hall Lobbies: The lobbies of City Hall Building A and the Port St. Lucie Police Department, at 121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd, re-opened to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Staff will see citizens and customers by appointment only. The lobby of Building B (Building, Public Works and Planning & Zoning Departments) did not re-open this week. Those visiting City Hall are asked to keep in mind:
- The side entrances to Building A will remain closed to public access until further notice. Please use the main entrance.
- Arriving visitors may ask questions and/or request an appointment as all meetings will be by appointment only at this time.
- The main entrance of the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center will remain closed to the public through the duration of all summer camp programs. Approved Parks & Recreation programming may use the designated entrances.
- Customers and citizens are encouraged to continue to use online and remote access to City services whenever possible.
- Visitors are asked to observe CDC guidelines and social distancing and are requested to wear a mask or facial covering when entering City Hall.
- Anyone entering City Hall may have their temperature taken via a thermal scanner. Those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, should please refrain from entering the building.