The Saints Golf Course, Select Outdoor Sports Courts and Picnic Pavilions to Reopen Friday, May 1, 2020
What: Select Parks & Recreation facilities and amenities will reopen for public use, which includes The Saints Golf Course, McCarty Ranch Preserve Campground, picnic pavilions, and some outdoor sports courts. CDC Social distancing guidelines are to be adhered to at City facilities and parks.
When: Effective Friday, May 1, 2020.
Where: The Saints Golf Course, 2601 SE Morningside Blvd.
A set of guidelines have been set in place in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of our guests, employees, and volunteers. The 19th Hole Restaurant and Pub and driving range remain closed.
- Staff and volunteers will not be handling golf bags at any time.
- No more than one person per cart unless the persons are members of the same household.
- We request that guests from different households do not travel to the golf course in the same vehicle.
- Carts will be disinfected after each use.
- Carts will be staged in a fashion to maintain adequate social distancing procedures.
Tee Times & Pro Shop:
- Tee times will be spaced at 15 minutes to allow for less congestion in common areas.
- Online tee times can be booked at www.golfnow.com.
- Customers must follow areas clearly depicted on the carpet to allow for the required six feet for social distancing.
- No more than four customers in the pro shop at one time.
- Please call 772-398-2901, during our normal hours of operation daily from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., for further information.
- Staff will be wearing protective gloves and facial coverings to avoid direct contact with guests or their belongings.
- Staff disinfects credit card keypads after each transaction.
- Every half-hour, staff sanitizes key touch-points, including door handles, computers, phones, etc.
- Pro shop will close at 6 p.m. daily.
- The driving range is closed.
- All golf carts must be returned by 7 p.m. for cleaning.
- Maintenance staff has placed foam inserts into cups, so guests do not have to reach into cup or touch the flagstick. Golfers should not remove flagsticks.
- Bunker rakes have been removed throughout the course.Please play “preferred lies” in the bunkers and do your best to smooth out the sand when leaving.
- Water coolers have been removed from the golf course. Please use the “touch-free” water station located near the 1st tee.
- Ball washers and sand buckets have been removed from the course.
Food & Beverage:
While the 19th Hole remains closed, we will have snacks and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase in the golf shop. We are working with local food trucks to provide additional food and beverage options.
McCarty Ranch Preserve: 12525 Range Line Rd.
The campground is reopening to the public, with signage posted to follow CDC guidelines. Reservations are available online only at www.pslparks.com/camping.
Picnic Pavilions: www.pslparks.com/pavilion
Reopening to the public. At this time, and until further notice, pavilion reservations are not required. Pavilions are available on a first-come, first-served basis, during park normal operating hours.
Outdoor Sports Courts
- Outdoor tennis, outdoor racquetball, outdoor pickleball, and outdoor volleyball sports courts will reopen, per normal operating hours, to the public.
- Outdoor basketball sports courts will remain closed to the public.
- The outdoor running/track at Sportsman’s Park West, located at 220 NW Irving Street, will reopen, per normal operating hours, to the public.
Why: As parks and facilities open on a limited scale, the City reminds everyone to enjoy the outdoors responsibly. Notices have been posted as a reminder to follow COVID-19 CDC guidelines. Play it safe by:
- Avoiding crowded areas. If a location cannot be enjoyed safely, then go discover a new facility or amenity in our City.
- Playing healthy. If you have the slightest feeling of illness, stay home.
- Starting a new tradition. Replace a handshake or a hug with a tip of your hat, a wave, or an air-high-five.
- Playing away, please. Maintain at least a six-foot buffer from others. That’s the distance of a long yoga mat, surfboard, or adult bike.
- Being courteous. Sanitize any surfaces you touched and reduce any points of contact.
- Picking up after yourself. Keep our City staff healthy and safe by picking up and disposing of your trash, such as cups, gloves, face coverings, tees, and sweat rags.
The following amenities remain closed:
- Recreation Centers (including indoor Fitness Centers)
- Outdoor Fitness Stations
- Outdoor basketball sports courts
- Dog Parks
- Botanical Gardens
- Sports Fields