St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity COVID-19 Emergency Home Repair Grant Program
The COVID-19 Emergency Home Repair Grant Program provides assistance to eligible residents of the City of Port St. Lucie who have experienced loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic only.
Carefully review the eligibility requirements in the Program Guide & Eligibility Requirements to obtain a clear understanding of program participation.
• Designed to assist those who were financially impacted by COVID-19 pandemic
• Only available for existing residents of the City of Port St. Lucie
• For emergency home repairs where damage occurred on or after March 1, 2020
• Administered by the City of Port St. Lucie Neighborhood Services Department, the City of Port St. Lucie Program Administrator and St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity
• All repair payments will be paid directly to the vendors performing the repairs, not the applicants
Should you desire to apply for the program, please complete and submit the Application Package in accordance with the instructions outlined below and in the application.
1. Review the Program Guide and Eligibility Requirements and Eligible Applicants and Properties.
2. Download and complete the Application Package.
3. Retrieve and attach copies of all requested and applicable supporting documentation. Only copies of the documents are required. Documents proving applicant(s) financial situations must be provided. More information about supporting documentation will be in the application and on the City of Port St. Lucie website in the Frequently Asked Questions section of COVID-19 Emergency Home Repair Grant Program at www.cityofpsl.com/communityservices.
4. Submit completed applications and provide all supporting documentation. Completed applications will only be accepted by one of the following two (2) methods:
Applicant(s) must confirm dropping off an application and supporting documentation with staff and follow any and all necessary directions and safety precautions put in place. These directions and safety precautions are subject to change based on developments regarding the COVID-19 emergency situation.
a. By mail to:
St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity
702 South 6th Street
Fort Pierce, Florida 34950
b. By drop off:
Port St. Lucie ReStore
10185 South US1
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34952 (hand to the cashier)
Fort Pierce ReStore
2904 Okeechobee Road
Fort Pierce, Florida 34947 (hand to the cashier)
All mailed and dropped off applications and supporting documentation must be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked “COVID-19 Emergency Home Repair Grant Program” and addressed to the location identified above.